Modern, Crazy Fast, Easy and Amazingly Powerful Flat-File CMS powered by PHP, Markdown, Twig, and Symfony .
Grav is a Fast, Simple, and Flexible, file-based Web-platform. There is Zero installation required. Just extract the ZIP archive, and you are already up and running. It follows similar principles to other flat-file CMS platforms, but has a different design philosophy than most. Grav comes with a powerful Package Management System to allow for simple installation and upgrading of plugins and themes, as well as simple updating of Grav itself.
The underlying architecture of Grav is designed to use well-established and best-in-class technologies to ensure that Grav is simple to use and easy to extend. Some of these key technologies include:
- Twig Templating: for powerful control of the user interface
- Markdown: for easy content creation
- YAML: for simple configuration
- Parsedown: for fast Markdown and Markdown Extra support
- Doctrine Cache: layer for performance
- Pimple Dependency Injection Container: for extensibility and maintainability
- Symfony Event Dispatcher: for plugin event handling
- Symfony Console: for CLI interface
- Gregwar Image Library: for dynamic image manipulation
- PHP 7.3.6 or higher. Check the required modules list
- Check the Apache or IIS requirements
The full documentation can be found from learn.getgrav.org.
These are the options to get Grav:
Downloading a Grav Package
You can download a ready-built package from the Downloads page on https://getgrav.org
You can create a new project with the latest stable Grav release with the following command:
$ composer create-project getgrav/grav ~/webroot/grav
Clone the Grav repository from https://github.com/getgrav/grav to a folder in the webroot of your server, e.g.
~/webroot/grav. Launch a terminal or console and navigate to the webroot folder:
$ cd ~/webroot $ git clone https://github.com/getgrav/grav.git
Install the plugin and theme dependencies by using the Grav CLI application
$ cd ~/webroot/grav $ bin/grav install
Check out the install procedures for more information.
You can download plugins or themes manually from the appropriate tab on the Downloads page on https://getgrav.org, but the preferred solution is to use the Grav Package Manager or
$ bin/gpm index
This will display all the available plugins and then you can install one or more with:
$ bin/gpm install <plugin/theme>
To update Grav you should use the Grav Package Manager or
$ bin/gpm selfupgrade
To update plugins and themes:
$ bin/gpm update
Upgrading from older version
- What is Grav?
- Install Grav in few seconds
- Understand the Configuration
- Take a peek at our available free Skeletons
- If you have questions, jump on our Discord Chat Server!
- Have fun!
- Have a look at our Basic Tutorial
- Dive into more advanced functions
- Learn about the Grav CLI
- Review examples in the Grav Cookbook
- More Awesome Grav Stuff